A-Line Skirt Construction
August 18, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm| $195
2 classes, commencing Saturday the 18th August from 9.30am to 2.30pm
In this series of two classes, you will learn how to construct an A-Line Skirt.
Fed up of searching from shop to shop for a basic skirt to fit you, or finding a skirt that fits but the fabric is unsuitable or poor quality? Well this class is for you.
- know how to adjust the pattern to fit you
- laying up of your fabric and construction of garment following pattern instruction
- An invisible zip and facing application
- French hem
Not only will you have a well fitting skirt, you will be able to make the skirt using different fabrics with confidence in the future your adjusted pattern you used in class knowing it is the correct fit for you.
DURATION: 2 CLASSES in A-Line skirt course 10am – 1pm
Things we will cover:
- taking of body measurements
- compare measurements to pattern
- try on sample skirt to measurement taken
- trace out pattern size
- pattern alterations if required for your own personal fit
- make calico shell to test alterations if required. Pin fitting skirt if required.
- Lay up fabric and cutting out of pattern pieces understanding the sewing language (straight grain, selvedge, the fold, notches etc)
- Dart construction
- invisible zip application
- sew side seams
- iron interfacing onto waistband or facing understanding CB, CF and side seams
- overlocking of seams, facings and hem edge
- stay stitching
- attaching of waistband or facing
- ditch stitching of waistband or
- understitching of facing
- Learning how level a hem from ground with a ruler
- French Hem application
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5 METRES OF 115cm wide woven fabric
1 METRE OF 150cm wide woven fabric
SUGGESTED FABRICS: Cottons and Cotton Blends, Crepe, Denim, Stretch wovens, Synthetic, Lightweight wools and Wool Blends
- Matching good quality thread
- 20cm invisible zip.
Please contact Loretta for enrolment on email@example.com
Mobile: 0422837256 Landline: 5447 2823
A $50 deposit is required to secure your place in the course.